Flyware Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FsXForums Community > Cockpitbuilders Knowledge Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FSXPand with OC-Modules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSXPand with OC-Modules
    Posted: 07 September 2014 at 6:25pm
Hello Simers

i will link FSXPand and Opencockpits EFIS Modules directly with Key Comands.
is this practicable ?
my OC EFIS is conected on a Client PC and i will only change the Range and Mode at the EFIS

how must i change the SIOC.INI File about the Keyboard Comands to register it.

oh man, sorry for my bad english Embarrassed
Greetz Mattes
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2014 at 8:09pm
Hi Mattes,
I have never dived into SIOC - looks too complicated for my taste. all I did was use an USBKeys card to send key commands to any application, starting with Notepad.
But this tutorial may be helpful for serious SIOC adepts Confused

Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
Madduck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2014 at 3:44pm
ok Gert Smile

i did it TongueTongue

sorry when i speak in German:

so funktioniert es:

Nach tagenlangem durchforsten sämtlicher Foren und Internet konnte ich mir jetzt endlich ein EFIS-Script basteln,
mit dem SIOC variable Buttons von einem Clientrechner über WideFS an die FSUIPC-Schnittstelle des Flusirechners
( !!! ich nutze den FS9 mit der Overland/SMS B737-800 MIT FS9-DEFAULTPANELS und die Opencockpits USB-Module KEINE SEPERATEN IO-KARTEN!!! ) schickt.
Diese sind dann in FSUIPC nach belieben unter "Buttons und Switches" belegbar ( hierzu wird die gekaufte FSUIPC und Wide FS Software benötigt !!! ).

nach Belegen der Tasten ist es dann wieder möglich per WideFS die Tastendrücke zurück an die Clientrechner zu schicken ( siehe hierzu die Erläuterung in Wide FS )
um, wie ich mit FSXPand die Panels auf den Clienten darzustellen.

Für den einen oder anderen mag es sicher total umständlich erscheinen, aber das Ziel ist das Wichtigste: es läuft !!! übernehme aber keine Haftung falls nicht !!!  :lol:
!!! die beiden Encoder oben rechts und links fehlen im Script noch weil ich sie zur Zeit nicht belegt habe - kommt später !!!

hier nun das Script im Anhang: ( ich poste es weil es nicht einfach war, alles stückchenweise überall heraus zu lesen - wenn das nur mehr Leute machen würden...)

siehe unten...

Edited by Madduck - 21 September 2014 at 10:10am
Greetz Mattes
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 6:50pm
Well done Clap
Let me sum this up for readers whose German is even rustier than mine Wink
Out-of-the-box SIOC scripts are hard to find. I could find no suitable ones myself. So far for the first miracle.
I see you made a script to emulate joystick buttons in FSUIPC by using offset 3340, setting the bitpattern for each possible command from your device.
So far so good, to talk to FS via FSUIPC offsets by SIOC, as long as you have the guts to create the script Ouch
But using this special offset, you generate again keypresses from FSUIPC. If I understand you well, you have also assigned a number of keypresses to the generated joystick buttons used in FSUIPC. Normally these keypresses would be received by FS only. That's the old snag.
And then the second miracle comes up - you make use of the following feature of WideFS:
...use of...server key presses to be relayed to Client PCs as KeySend encoded messages
quoting from the WideFS documentation Tongue
In this way you have provided the missing link to getting key commands to FsClient from the simulator, being EFIS (or even MCP) keypresses from your Opencockpits device. And actually showed how their stuff is indeed compatible with FsXPand (although this was a theoretical compatibility until today) Ermm
Auf dein Gesund
BeerBeerBeer
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Madduck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:11pm
Thanks Gert

i will a rough draft to post here in the next few days for a better statement Wink
Greetz Mattes
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 9:18pm
That should help things to understand. The stuff being complex enough.
Maybe you can include the config file for WideFS...
Gert Heijnis, Chief

Madduck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 7:25pm
ok - in the next Post from Gert is the NEW EFIS-Script with a Installation-PDF
include SIOC-Scripts / WideFS.ini / FSUIPC and FSXPand-BASIC Files Smile

...see the next Post !!!

Good Luck and always three Greens Wink

Edited by Madduck - 21 September 2014 at 10:15am
Greetz Mattes
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 7:45pm
OK, it's here, your complete procedure, script and drawings Smile
OC-EFIStoFSUIPC.zip
Just remove the link in your post to the expiring file.

Gert Heijnis, Chief

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic