Flyware Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FsXPand Community > Home Cockpit Plaza
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Couple of issues V8.1.0.12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple of issues V8.1.0.12
    Posted: 08 April 2020 at 3:50pm
Hi Gert,
I'm having a few issues with FsXpand V8.1.0.12. I don't seem to be able to connect more than 1 client whether it is on the same PC or across the network, the client with the port 9000 connects, client with port 9001 will not. If I switch client port Nos. then client 2 connects and client 1 does not. Any ideas ??
 I have put 2 clients in the server with base port of 9000.

My second issue is the ALT selection on the AP and PFD seem to move to -25 feet when they connect to the server and I am unable to get them back to zero, so when leveling off in flight, it is either FLxxx -5 feet or FLxxx +5 feet i.e. 29995 or 30005 for FL300, is there a parameter somewhere that can be adjusted for this decallage.
Best.....      Adrian W.
nemesis19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 10:06pm
Back again Gert,

been thinking about this client/server situation, I forgot to mention that all machines are running Win10, and thought to myself, " Is it that simple ?".
 So pulled out an old "XP" machine dating back to about 2005, dropped in WideFS, installed FsXpand and, and, and,,,,,,,,,, YESSSSS it works, all clients connect. OK the machine is not that powerful but it's only talking to FSUIPC and FsXpand, I'm sure I can find it something else to do, maybe the weather.

Very strange however that Win10 refuses to serve more than 1 client, even with UAC turned off !! Will have to investigate further.

A little tip for those having problems seeing shared folders over the network with Win10, it may be that SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support (a.k.a. SaMBa, most internet boxes use it for file sharing), has been disabled by an update, you can turn it on again in " Turn Windows features on or off ".

Best,
…………………Adrian W.
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2020 at 9:31am
Hello Adrian,

Yes, it must be some network setting. Thanks for the tip.
I'm getting quite bored by the auto updates of Win10, to have to check everything whether settings have been reset. If I can't work around them, I will quit Win10 altogether. I am using it only as a testbed for the moment.

meditating on this and looking into the 2nd issue, see you later.

Cheers,
Gert

Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
fsgert View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
FsXMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsgert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 9:16am
Here's a quick fix for now for the -25 error.  If you have any side effects, I'd like to know.

Connecting more than 1 client may go wrong if the firewall stops the additional port values.
Also refresh the network in FsXPand by hitting  network, rescan.

WinXP better than Win7, better than Win1; Win8 doubtful and Vista: discard completely.
The biggest issues caused by the increasingly complicated network security measures by MS. Safe but sorry.
There is nothing against using old Windows versions in the simulator: just make sure that the boxes are not on the internet. If wireless, block them in the modem.

Gert Heijnis, Chief

=== Be strange, but not a stranger! ===
nemesis19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 11:08pm
OK, thanks Gert, will try it out over the weekend.

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic